In search of cloudier climes: moving to an online HR system
2014 is well and truly underway and as everyone settles back into work many of you will no doubt be dreaming of packing your bags and jetting off to sunnier climes. At SMB.co.uk, we embrace a cloudy outlook and we’re more concerned with a different kind of journey – one that makes sense at any time of year. Instead of packing your swimming costumes and sun cream, you should be thinking about collecting all your data and migrating your employee management system to the cloud.
There are a number of reasons why businesses of all sizes are making the move to an online HR environment. The benefits of cloud-based software include:
- Better management of increasing data volumes.
- Lower costs incurred using OpEx model instead of CapEx.
- Scalability for fluctuating data needs.
- Security controls to keep private data private.
- Anytime access, anywhere, on desktop and mobile devices.
So you’ve made the decision to move your employee management system to the cloud – what now? Before you pack your digital suitcases, here are some things to tick off your list:
Cloud HR migration checklist
- Compile an inventory of all your employee information and HR documents.
- Determine your data management needs, and plan ahead for future developments, which a scalable cloud solution will accommodate.
- Before migrating your system, identify any sensitive or confidential information to ensure that it is transferred and stored in a secure fashion.
- Have a business continuity plan in place and make sure that the migration to the cloud is swift and smooth, avoiding any downtime.
- Try before you buy! Moving your employee management system to the cloud is an important step in the development of your business, so it makes sense to test the waters first. That’s why SMB.co.uk offers a 14-day free trial that lets you experience first-hand the benefits that an online HR management system can offer.
Do you manage staff absence, holidays and sick leave? Download your free absence management eBook today!
Image thanks to Pixabay